Jesse Colin

Jesse Colin
That's me!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vital stats (traditional resume)

Jesse Woodrum, Graduate in English, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
110 Burwash Avenue Apt. B
Savoy, IL 61874
217.840.2672


Education
Parkland College 2009 – Deans List
Associate in Arts

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 2010-2011 – 3.56 GPA
Bachelor’s in English

Work History:
Ø  Parkland Prospectus, staff writer
Ø  Parkland Prospectus, co-editor
Ø  Parkland Prospectus, editor-in-chief

At the Prospectus, I started out writing news stories freelance.  After one semester I was promoted to co-editor.  One semester later I was the sole editor-in-chief following the resignation of my former co-editor.  At the Prospectus I wrote stories, copy-edited, assigned stories, coordinated photo ops, organized the papers lay-out, and oversaw production.  Occasionally I would assist in layout and add sales.  John Eby, the Student Life Advisor gave me fairly free reign to run the newspaper how I wanted but it was his job to oversee and advise me.  He can answer questions about my time spent with the Prospectus.
       ·         John Eby
Activities and Programs Manager/Prospectus Advisor, Parkland College
217.353.2627

Ø  WPGU 107.1 fm the Planet, newscaster, reporter, talk show host
At WPGU, I wrote and live-read the evening news and weather and occasionally sports.  I also researched prepared notes for, and co-hosted the hour long Sunday morning talk show The Brain Freeze, later renamed The Sunday Edition.  I also researched and prepared feature news stories for the weekend news show.  The director of the news department, Sarah Jindra, went on to do field reporting for WCIA Champaign and now is a traffic reporter for Chicago Public Radio.  She can answer any questions about my tenure at WPGU.
·         Sarah Jindra 217.840.1738
Traffic Reporter, Chicago Public Radio

References
Besides the above references I will refer you to the following people who know me and my work.
·         Kirsten Wilcox
Senior Lecturer, English Department, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
217-333-7059
       ·         Aaron Geiger, Journalism Graduate Student at West Virginia University and my one-time editor at the Parkland Prospectus
815.535.7440
       ·         Tom Ramage, President, Parkland College
Dr. Ramage worked closely with me on much of my research for the Prospectus especially on articles related to the college’s building projects and finances.
217.351.2231
·         James L. Ayers, Parkland College Board of Trustees; President, Illinois Community College Trustees Association; CEO, Central Illinois Manufacturing Corporation; Former Mayor of Monticello, Illinois; partner, law firm Shonkwiler and Ayers.
              217.762.3661
Mr. Ayers has known me since childhood.  He was an advisor to me in the Boy Scouts in which I earned the distinction of Eagle Scout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment